In the Archives for January 25, 2010 there is a question about vacation, regarding vacation is earned on a calendar year basis and the employees take all their vacation and quits and then they owe the company, is this also true in the state of arizona?
Kudos to you for checking the archives!
Many employers allow workers to use their vacation time before it is earned. Yes, in almost any state except California, you as an employer can require the employee to pay back vacation time that has been used, in excess of what has been accrued. Normally this is done as a deduction from the final paycheck.
6 Responses to “Vacation Pay”
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1446)
- Benefits (2020)
- Compensation (2336)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1017)
- Human Resources Management (4832)
- Labor Laws (1585)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (246)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (744)
- Workplace Health & Safety (346)
- Workplace Management (500)