Human Resource Blog

Where HR Professionals Seek Answers

A Practical Source For Your Daily HR Needs.Lets Build An HR Blog Community Together! Want To Share Your HR Knowledge Or Gain Knowledge Through Other Professionals?Lets Discuss HR!



If a person was terminated because of slow times at a business and was processed through the HR Department but it was not forwarded to the corpoarte payroll dept, and that person still received the next four weekly paychecks by mail. The person receiving those checks refused to give them back, what actions would the company then take?

I am doing research for my class at Virginia college and would like to include this. Thank you

In most states this is theft and the employer can call the police to recover the money. It is highly likely that the employee would return the money rather than face prosecution.

In other states, the employer will have to sue the employee in court to recover the money. California does not allow employers to recover overpayments to employees when it is the employers error, and it is possible that statute would apply in this case.

Tags: , ,

This entry was posted on Monday, July 12th, 2010 at 6:58 pm and is filed under
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

One Response to “Wages”

  1. » Wages Human Resource Blog « Human Resources 123 Says:

    [...] the original: » Wages Human Resource Blog Comments [...]

Leave a Reply

  • [ Back ]
  • WP-SpamFree by Pole Position Marketing

Home Ask a Question Archives

© 2008, All Rights Reserved