What is the law on adoption maternity leave in the state of Florida?
Any employer with 50 or more workers within 75 miles is covered by FMLA. Under FMLA, adoptive mothers and fathers are entitled to up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to care for and bond with a new child, regardless of the childs age.
Florida has no family leave law at the state level that would apply to smaller employers.
One Response to “Adoption Maternity”
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)