We have an employee who is not performing to standards. This employee is still within the probation period and it employed at-will.
What guidelines do we have to follow when it comes to terminating this employee in California?
In California, an employer must take the same steps to terminate an employee during the probationary period, as at any other time. In other words, you need to go through progressive discipline with this employee, and provide any additional training or information that is required.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)