So is the 12 weeks of FMLA 7 days per week or 5 days per week ( either it is 84 hours or 60 hours)?
FMLA is 12 work weeks. It varies depending upon the employees usual schedule. If the employee takes continuous FMLA, it is for 12 calendar weeks, that is 84 days (not 90 days as many employees believe.)
When an employee takes intermittent FMLA it is based on the employees usual work schedule. If the employee averages 30 hours per week, FMLA is 30×12 = 360 hours. For a 40-hour-per-week employee, FMLA is 480 hours.
If the employee has no set work schedule, it is based on the average hours worked per week over the past 12 months.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)