We are incorporated in California. We have an employee in New York who works remotely. Do we have to pay his unemployment tax? If so, do we pay it in New York or California?
Even if the company is based in California, if the employee is working in New York, New York employment laws would apply. In New York, employers are required to pay unemployment taxes, so yes, you would be required to pay this for your New York-based employee.
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 at 2:05 pm and is filed under
Benefits, Hiring and Staffing, Human Resources Management.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)