In the state of Alabama is an employee required to take a lunch break? Can the employee opt to not take a lunch to make up hours lost from being out sick that same week? Can they work late or come in early to make up hours in that same week?
- There is no federal or Alabama state law requiring that employers provide a lunch break or that employees take a lunch break. It is left up to individual employers to determine hours of work, including any required lunch or rest breaks.
Employers are not required to alter a nonexempt employee’s schedule to make up for time missed from work, although they may do so if they wish.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1446)
- Benefits (2021)
- Compensation (2337)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1018)
- Human Resources Management (4840)
- Labor Laws (1585)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (246)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (744)
- Workplace Health & Safety (346)
- Workplace Management (500)