Under Texas employment law, are unpaid interns required to take lunch break?
Texas state law does not require employers to provide paid or unpaid meal or rest breaks to any workers over the age of 18. However, employers may establish meal or other break policies, which employees must comply with.
If breaks are provided, Fair Labor Standards Act regulations require employers to pay for breaks lasting 20 minutes or less. Breaks lasting 30 minutes or longer may be unpaid.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)