What is the prctice for holiday pay (MA) when the holiday falls on saturday
Employers are not legally required to pay holiday pay, so each employer has discretion to determine which, if any, holidays will be recognized, if they will be paid, and how they will be paid.
Typically, if a holiday falls on a Saturday, a company that chooses to recognize that holiday will observe it on Friday. If the holiday falls on Sunday, it is typically observed on Monday. However, it is entirely up to individual employers to determine how they will handle these situations.
As with any other employment issue, employers should establish written policies that address which holidays will be observed, if they will be paid, and the manner in which holidays that fall on a weekend will be managed.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)