By illinois law MUST a salaried employee keep time sheets?
When did ths law go into effect?
Salaried exempt employees are not required by law to track work hours, although employers may require this by policy. Employers are, however, required to track the time of nonexempt employees (salaried and hourly).
The method by which time is tracked is left up to individual employers. Some may require the use of a computerized timekeeping system, others use a punch clock and still others use written time sheets. Employees must adhere to whichever time tracking method has been decided upon by the employer.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)