We are looking to rebuild a rehire packet. We are a seasonal employer and our staff always has 4 months off. Do they need to fill out a new w-4 and I-9 each time they are rehired?
If your employees were on a “layoff”, (not terminated) and are returning to work after layoff, you would not need to complete new hire paperwork. A W-4 and I-9 should be on file when the employee originally started work.
If you terminated the seasonal employee, and are now rehiring the employee, then a new W-4 and I-9 would need to be completed.
Leave a Reply
- Attendance Management (1447)
- Benefits (2036)
- Compensation (2351)
- Employment Training (329)
- Hiring and Staffing (1019)
- Human Resources Management (4855)
- Labor Laws (1593)
- Management / Leadership Development (357)
- Performance Management (247)
- Structural Development (41)
- Termination (749)
- Workplace Health & Safety (348)
- Workplace Management (503)